Dead Girls Don't Write Letters

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Pen Pal Letter, Dead Girls Don't Write Letters



The John Carroll School
703 Churchville Road
Bel Air, Maryland 21014



Dear Sunny,
Hello, my name is Stephanie and I am a freshman at The John Carroll School. This summer I read the novel, Dead Girl Don’t Write Letters, by Gail Giles. Besides reading the novel, I was with my friends a lot of the time, and I also went to the beach. I thought the novel is very well written and once you start reading it, you wouldn’t want to stop.
I thought you handled the events very well, and took care of your mother good due to your sister’s death. You also handled the fake “Jazz” very well also by not really telling her you know she’s really not your sister but by kind of going along with it for awhile, then reading her journal to figure out who she really is.
I had a few questions when I read specific events in the story. As the story goes on, I think the author’s style is very interesting and makes the story very suspenseful. Each event happening made me want to read more of the book to discover the next event. The character is realistic to the reader, because she was a normal teenager.
What did you first think when you saw that there was a letter from your sister, Jazz, in the mail? Also, when she came to your house and you knew she wasn’t your real sister, what made you want to keep quiet and not say anything first thing?
The novel makes you raise awareness about the issue because apparently there are people out there that could pretend to be someone they are not, either on the internet, in person, or even on the phone. The novel will leave me thinking more about the issue since it was a big deal to a family that lost their daughter/sister.
I really enjoyed reading your novel, Dead Girls Don’t Write Letters, during my summer. It was interesting and fun to read. I hope you and your family take care. J
Sincerely,
Stephanie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home